All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionIt is secret that Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is t as popular with small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as it is with larger ones. However, many SMEs are suppliers to larger entities who are pushing for superior quality and world-class process efficiencies from suppliers. Lean Six Sigma for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises: A Practical Guide provides a roadmap for the successful implementation and deployment of LSS in SMEs. It includes five real-world case studies that demonstrate how LSS tools have been successfully integrated into LSS methodology. Simplifying the termilogy and methodology of LSS, this book makes the implementation process accessible. * Supplies a general introduction to continuous improvement initiatives in SMEs * Identifies the key phases in the introduction and development of LSS initiatives within an SME * Details the most powerful LSS tools and techniques that can be used in an SME environment * Provides tips on how to make the project selection process more successful This book covers the fundamental challenges and common pitfalls that can be avoided with successful introduction and deployment of LSS in the context of SMEs. Systematically guiding you through the application of the Six Sigma methodology for problem solving, the book devotes separate chapters to the most appropriate tools and techniques that can be useful in each stage of the methodology. Keeping the required math and statistics to a minimum, this practical guide will help you to deploy LSS as your prime methodology for achieving and sustaining world-class efficiency and effectiveness of critical business processes.
- Author BiographyJiju Antony is recognized worldwide as a leader in Six Sigma methodology for achieving and sustaining process excellence. He founded the Centre for Research in Six Sigma and Process Excellence (CRISSPE) in 2004, establishing the first research centre in Europe in the field of Six Sigma. Professor Antony has successfully completed a BE in mechanical engineering from the University of Kerala (South India), an MSc in industrial engineering from the National University of Ireland, Ireland, and a PhD in quality engineering from the University of Portsmouth, UK. S. Vinodh is an assistant professor in the Production Engineering Department of the National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli. Dr. Vinodh completed his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India; and master's degree in production engineering and PhD in mechanical engineering at Anna University, Chennai, India. E.V. Gijo has worked as a faculty member in the Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division of the Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, India for the last 17 years. Dr. Gijo has successfully completed an MSc in statistics at M.G. University (Kerala), an M. Tech. in quality, reliability and operations research at the Indian Statistical Institute (Kolkata) and a PhD in statistics at M.G. University (Kerala).
- Author(s)E. V. Gijo,Jiju Antony,S. Vinodh
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, 52 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.