All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting a bold and beautifully written vel, this narrative follows the young protagonist on a life-changing rite of passage. At age 21, Jason is unfulfilled, lacking direction, and coming out of a bitter breakup with his girlfriend. He resolves to make a fresh start, and a serendipitous encounter with a Native American elder named Chip introduces him to the tion of the Manitou-traditional initiation-where one is left alone in the wilderness to confront who one was, who one is, and who one will become. Embarking on a solitary retreat into the sw-laden Rockies, Jason soon finds himself trapped in a cave for days, where the essence of who he believed himself to be is shattered, foreshadowing an impending near-death experience. When he awakens lying on the floor of a hut, injured and aching with pain, he is met by his rescuer, Charles. Through conversations with this Good Samaritan, Jason finds new meaning in the most human of questions: how does one lead a fulfilling life?
- Author BiographyAndrew C. Shurtleff is a teaching fellow and writing consultant at Columbia University where he studies the intersection of philosophy and technology. He has worked with urban youth through a program at Princeton University. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Andrew C. Shurtleff
- PublisherCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.