All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThirty years ago, Sara Davidson wrote the phemenal bestseller Loose Change, the definitive book about the boomer generation's coming-of-age. Now this witty social observer has again turned her discerning eye to her contemporaries, with Leap! a -holds-barred, illuminating, and hopeful look at the choices and challenges we face and the roads open to us.For many years Davidson earned a living as a successful journalist and screenwriter, but in her fifties she saw her life come apart: She could longer find work, she endured a break-up with her partner, and her children left for college. For the first time ever, she had thing to do. She felt adrift, but she found that she was t alone. In Leap! Davidson sets out on a passionate quest to learn how to do the coming years well. Drawing on her own experience and that of others, she explores such questions as- How does a high-powered person learn to walk down the ladder gracefully?- How can women continue to be sensual and t touch-deprived?- How do we arrange to grow old with our friends? - What will be the fire at the center of our lives?- Why are we still here?Davidson interviews people from across the country and from all walks of life, including such icons as Carly Simon, Tom Hayden, Tracy Kidder, Jane Fonda, Ram Dass, and Iman, as well as teachers, writers, psychologists, businesspeople, and spiritual leaders. The candid portraits are both inspiring and cautionary.True to character, boomers will approach these years differently from previous generations, and there will be single path. Some will feel free for the first time to take risks; others will embark upon a spiritual search; some will want to give back, to make the world a better place; others will want to play or make creativity a priority. But they will t fade quietly into the sunset. With Leap! Sara Davidson holds up a mirror for readers, allowing them to see t only themselves and those around them but their potential future. With Davidson as a guide, the possibilities are boundless.
- Author BiographySara Davidson is the author of bestsellers Loose Change, Real Property, and Cowboy, and is a Golden Globe nominated writer for Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. She is a contributing editor of O, The Oprah Magazine and writes regularly for the New York Times, The Atlantic Monthly, and Rolling Stone. She lives in Boulder, Colorado. Renee Raudman is a multi-award-winning audiobook narrator. A multiple Audie Award nominee, she has earned a number of AudioFile Earphones Awards, including for The Last Secret by Mary McGarry Morris and Wesley the Owl by Stacey O'Brien, as well as a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award for Joe Schreiber's Chasing the Dead. She has also performed on film, TV, radio, and stage, including the recurring roles of Jordon on ABC's One Life To Live, Phyllis on NBC's Passions, and guest-starring roles on prime-time TV. She has been heard in cartoons (The Simpsons, Billy & Mandy), videogames, and on the E! channel. Her narration of Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper was selected by Library Journal as one of the best audiobooks of 2009, and her reading of Marthe Jocelyn's Would You was selected by the ALA as one of the best young adult audiobooks of 2009.
- Author(s)Sara Davidson
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2007
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Renee Raudman
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time630
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
Save on Audio Books
- AU $40.15Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.46
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $48.38
- AU $10.73Trending at AU $14.13
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $28.41
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $10.01Trending at AU $13.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.