All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlackBerry smart phones aren't just for business. In fact, throw away that boring spreadsheet, tear up that yearly budget report-the BlackBerry is a lean, mean game-playing machine. Carol Hamer and Andrew Davison, expert software game developers, show you how to leverage the BlackBerry Java(TM) Development Environment (based on Java ME) to design and create fun, sophisticated game applications from role playing to dueling with light sabers. The BlackBerry: t as clumsy or as random as a blaster-an elegant device, for a more civilized age. In this book, Carol and Andrew give you the professional techniques you need to use music, 2D and 3D graphics, maps, and game design patterns to build peer-to-peer games, role playing games, and more for the BlackBerry.
- Author BiographyCarol Hamer received her Ph.D. in number theory from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Since then, she has worked as a software engineer for 10 years in the U.S., France, and Switzerland, including three years working for In-Fusio Mobile Games. Carol has written three books on mobile game programming for Apress: J2ME Games with MIDP2, Creating Mobile Games, and Learn BlackBerry Games Development. She writes a blog called A Little Bitty Java (http://bittyjava.wordpress.com) with programming ideas, troubleshooting tips, and code samples.
- Author(s)Andrew Davison,Carol Hamer
- Date of Publication29/03/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight935 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.