Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.93+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo Margaret Shepherd, handwriting is much more than a tool for communication and record keeping; it's an expression of your personality, and in the case of calligraphy, a way to create art. So while computer fonts streamline our signage and correspondence, calligraphy is re-emerging as a cherished technique that gives the ultimate personal touch. Shepherd's classic, but w out-of-print 1978 primer, Learning Calligraphy, sold more than 250,000 copies and introduced thousands of people to this elegant art form. Now, with Learn Calligraphy, she brings a fresh and modern sensibility to the world of calligraphy, inviting a whole new generation to master the techniques. She has also refined her Roman, Gothic, Celtic, Italic, and Bookhand. Through gorgeous hand-lettering, Learn Calligraphy guides readers step-by-step in the subtle movements required to perfect each letter. Offering comprehensive lessons and advice for choosing alphabets appropriate for different moods, messages, and media, Shepherd encourages variant strokes to personalise lettering and create true art. She describes everything from choosing the correct pen nib to finding an angle that is both comfortable and graceful. Along the way, she discusses intriguing details about calligraphers throughout the ages, from ancient Rome to the Renaissance. Accessible and inspiring, Learn Calligraphy opens a creative new world of beauty through typography to vices and experts alike. With an impressive roster of high-profile clients, calligrapher Margaret Shepherd is the author of thirteen books for calligraphers of all levels. She is also a researcher and teacher, and her work has been exhibited in numerous museums and galleries. Shepherd lives in Boston.
- Author BiographyMargaret Shepherd is a noted calligrapher and author, with an impressive roster of high-profile clients. She has published thirteen instruction books for calligraphers of all levels. All her books, including the bestselling Learning Calligraphy, are done in hand-lettered text. She has researched, taught, written, and freelanced extensively, and has exhibited her work in many museum and gallery exhibitions. She lives in Boston.
- Author(s)Margaret Shepherd
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2001
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Notefacsimiles
- Weight476 g
- Width217 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.