Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- Description*** Free downloadable audio files for the songs and the Chinese lessons *** Learn Chinese through Songs and Rhymes demonstrates to beginning and intermediate students the usage of Chinese words and expressions through songs, rhymes, conversations and stories in a systematic way. You will be reading or singing along with the supplemental audio files while following the text on the page. And before long, you will have mastered the basics of speaking Chinese. This is because this book t only provides the English translation for the vocabulary, songs and sample sentences, but also points out the sentence structures and shows you how to apply the language rules. What you will get is a dynamic method that you can use to expand your vocabulary and make your own sentences to handle real-life situations. And you will be doing that in a fun way. Learn Chinese through Songs and Rhymes features a collection of forty simple songs and rhymes, most of which are familiar Western and Chinese traditional songs, such as Stephen Foster's Oh Susanna and the Xinjiang folk song, Traveler on Camel's Back. The author took care to translate the songs in such a way as to allow them to be sung in either English or Chinese. Learn Chinese through Songs and Rhymes is for anyone who wishes to learn Chinese. All the word lists, songs, rhymes and sample sentences in this book are presented with the Simplified Chinese characters, the pinyin phonetic aid as well as the English translation. If you just wish to pick up a few Chinese words and read a few interesting cultural bits, you can do so easily. If you are an independent learner, this book will give you an overall picture of the language and serve as a good foundation for you to build upon. This book will also work well as an interesting supplement to any middle-school, high-school or college-level Chinese instruction program.
- Author BiographyBecause of her father's occupation, Lydia Lin has lived in a few different countries during her childhood and youth. Whenever her family moved from one place to another, she and her siblings had to deal with the issue of learning the language used at the new school and, at the same time, maintaining a working knowledge of their native tongue, Mandarin Chinese. Consequently, Lydia has rich first-hand experiences to draw on for compiling this Chinese language instruction book, even though her studies and job functions have been in the fields of science and technology.
- Author(s)Lydia Lin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.