Learn Chinese with Mike Advanced Beginner to Intermediate Coursebook Seasons 3, 4 & 5: Book, Video and Audio Support by Mike Hainzinger (Mixed media product, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.48+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionIt is definitely new, and it definitely works. -Dr. Licheng Gu, Program Director, African & Asian Languages, Northwestern University What do I get when I learn Chinese with Mike? -272 pages of addictive learning material -60 videos on DVD -Audio on MP3 CD-ROM Addictive learning Mike Laoshi (Teacher Mike) will astound you with his unparalleled ability to make learning Mandarin Chinese fun and easy. Be warned, his teaching style is highly addictive, so if you have a family, career or social life, you may want to put those on hold for a little while. Why Chinese with Mike? Chinese with Mike is 100% new and breaks with traditional Chinese curricula. Mike's humour, mixed with his logical, step-by-step approach shields learners from the unnecessary complexities of Mandarin Chinese. Through a blend of 60 short, highly addictive video lessons on DVD, a Coursebook and audio, you'll acquire essential Chinese with confidence. More importantly, you get a little one-on-one time with Mike, as he makes learning Chinese ridiculously easy-and fun! What will I learn? Season 3 Learn to tell people the milk is in the refrigerator and your dirty clothes are under the bed. You'll also learn about jobs, dreams and measure words. Season 4 You'll learn some new adjectives, adverbs, prepositions and conjunctions, and best of all, you'll get to watch Mike Laoshi's ballet lesson and retirement press conference. Season 5 This was the season that was never meant to be, but Mike Laoshi was lured out of retirement. You'll learn how to make comparisons (I am smarter than you) and use superlatives (This is the best Chinese book ever!). Also talk about the past and the future, and use transitions to put events in sequence. Why will learning Chinese be a breeze? * Mike builds confidence through his logical step-by-step design of the course * Mike explains pronunciation with clear, familiar examples * Mike adds interesting facts about the intricacies of language * Mike includes lots of cultural tidbits * Mike recognizes and explains thoroughly troublesome areas * Mike uses native speakers to help you with listening and speaking Chinese with Mike is suitable for classroom, self-study or home schooling.
- Author BiographyMike started his teaching life as an English instructor in Taiwan. He went on to gain his Chinese Teaching Certificate from the Confucius Institute. He has since held posts teaching and developing course materials at the University of Chicago and Prairie State College. He currently teaches Mandarin Chinese at Joliet Junior College in Illinois. He's also a regular contributor at language teaching conferences. His other classroom is his garage at home where he shoots his addictive video lessons. From here a teaching phenomenon has grown to reach thousands of online fans around the world and winning him serious academic praise along the way.
- Author(s)Mike Hainzinger
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication26/12/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Contained items statementContains DVD video and Paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.