All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to knit with these simple but stylish patterns for hats, scarves and home accessories Fiona Goble learnt to knit as a child, but she kws what it's like to be starting out - you have the yarn, you've bought the needles, but when you look at a knitting pattern, it all seems like gobbledygook. Learn to Knit will help you learn the basic stitches and how to read a pattern, as well as some simple techniques such as casting on and off, and increasing and decreasing. But once you've tried those, you'll want to actually make something. To make that simple, Fiona Goble has gathered together 25 great projects for you to try, all using only the stitches and techniques that you have just learned about. There are chunky scarves and cowls that knit up really quickly using big needles, beanies and bobble hats that can be made in a weekend, and bunting and a cushion cover that even a vice can knit in time. So put those new skills to use and create a whole range of fantastic things to wear or for the home - once you start knitting, you won't want to stop.
- Author BiographyFiona Goble is a craft and knitting author who for many years ran a small textile business making bags, cushions and throws. She teaches knitting and sewing classes, and is the author of several best-selling knitting books, including 'Knit Your Own Royal Wedding'. She is also the author of 'Knitted Animal Scarves', 'Knitted Animal Hats', 'Cute and Easy Knitting', 'Scarves and Cowls', and 'Beanies and Bobble Hats', all published by CICO Books. Fiona lives just outside London, with her husband and her teenage son.
- Author(s)Fiona Goble
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note50 colour photographs and 40 colour artworks
- Weight401 g
- Width208 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.