All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the ukulele is enjoying a well-deserved renaissance on the mainland, in the land of its birth, it has never gone out of style. Hawaiians took to the jumping flea right from the start, creating music of stunning beauty and versatility. Now intermediate players can learn to play lovely finger style solo arrangements of classic Hawaiian songs, folk songs, standards - even a few pieces from the classical guitar repertoire. The book offers 27 arrangements from around the world written in standard tation and tablature playable on any ukulele. Songs are grouped according to level of difficulty, starting with simple arrangements well within the grasp of dedicated beginners and intermediate players and leading through more challenging songs featuring unusual chord voicings, inversions up the neck, tricky fingerings and all the fun stuff the author could muster. To aid the student, the companion audio download available online includes all of the songs taught. Includes chord charts, inversion studies, introductory material on finger-picking and making the transition from strumming to melodic playing.
- Author(s)Mark Nelson
- PublisherMel Bay Publications, Inc.
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- LanguageEnglish &
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMel Bay Publications, Inc.
- Weight318 g
- Width218 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- davel194918 May, 2017by
Great to Have
This book was recommended by a friend and I am enjoying very much the songs and information to guide playing each piece.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.