All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis book teaches computer programming to the complete beginner using the native C language. As such, it assumes you have kwledge whatsoever about programming. The main goal of this book is to teach fundamental programming principles using C, one of the most widely used programming languages in the world today. We discuss only those features and statements in C that are necessary to achieve our goal. Once you learn the principles well, they can be applied to any language. If you are worried that you are t good at high-school mathematics, don't be. It is a myth that you must be good at mathematics to learn programming. C is considered a 'modern' language even though its roots date back to the 1970s. Originally, C was designed for writing 'systems' programs-things like operating systems, editors, compilers, assemblers and input/output utility programs. But, today, C is used for writing all kinds of applications programs as well-word processing programs, spreadsheet programs, database management programs, accounting programs, games, robots, embedded systems/electronics (i.e., Ardui), educational software-the list is endless. Note: Appendices A-D are available as part of the free source code download at the Apress website. What You Will Learn: * How to get started with programming using the C language * How to use the basics of C* How to program with sequence, selection and repetition logic * How to work with characters * How to work with functions * How to use arrays Who This Book Is For: This book is intended for anyone who is learning programming for the first time.
- Author BiographyDr. Noel Kalicharan is a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at the University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad. For more than 30 years, he has taught programming courses to people at all levels. He has been teaching programming, among other things, at the University since 1976. In 1988, he developed and hosted a 26-programme television series entitled Computers - Bit by Bit. Among other things, this series taught programming to the general public. He is always looking for innovative ways to teach logical thinking skills which go hand in hand with programming skills. His efforts resulted in two games - BrainStorm! and Not Just Luck - which won him the Prime Minister's Award for Invention and Innovation in 2000 and 2002. He is a Computer Science author for Cambridge University Press which published his international successes, Introduction to Computer Studies and C By Example. The C book is ranked among the best in the world for learning the C programming language. It has received glowing reviews from readers as far away as Australia, Canada, India and Scotland. This book is written in a more leisurely style. Born in Lengua Village, Princes Town, Trinidad, he received his primary education at the Lengua Presbyterian School and his secondary education at Naparima College. He is a graduate of The University of the West Indies, Jamaica, the University of British Columbia, Canada and The University of the West Indies, Trinidad.
- Author(s)Noel Kalicharan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight640 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.