All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of this book used the Bukkit modding server and library, which was taken down due to a legal dispute in September 2014. This new edition has been completely revised to replace Bukkit with the CanaryMod library. The bestselling, kid-tested book for Minecraft is w updated for CanaryMod! Write your own Minecraft plugins and watch your code come to life with flaming cows, flying creepers, teleportation, and interactivity. Add your own features to the Minecraft game by developing Java code that plugs in to the server. You'll manipulate and control elements in the 3D graphical game environment without having to write tons of code or learn huge frameworks. No previous programming experience necessary. Expand your Minecraft experience! You'll learn how to write Java code and build plugins for your own Minecraft servers using the popular Java programming language. This new edition has been completely revised to use the freely-available CanaryMod library. You'll create plugins that can change blocks from air to stone, or spawn cows and creepers. You'll write plugins that react to game events, and even schedule tasks that will run later in the game. Readers from age 9 to 99 will learn how to use variables and functions to build plugins that fling players into the sky, create flying creepers, and of course, shoot flaming cows. Along the way you'll learn real programming using Java, from classes, objects, and data structures (including arrays and hashes) to exception handling and threads. You'll even learn how to back up your code (and go back in time!) using Git, and run your own server at home or in the cloud. A progress bar shows you how far you've come in each chapter, and by the end of the book you'll be able to design and code your own plugins. Put your gaming to good use, and learn real programming skills today. What You Need: A modern PC running the Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux operating systems. The book explains how to download Java, the CanaryMod server and API, and all the tools you'll need.
- Author BiographyAndy Hunt has written and co-written over a half-dozen previous titles, including the classic The Pragmatic Programmer, Practices of an Agile Developer, and Pragmatic Thinking & Learning, and regularly speaks at conferences on software development around the world. He used Minecraft to help teach his son programming. When not wrangling bits, he's an avid musician and sometimes woodworker.
- Author(s)Andy Hunt
- PublisherThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationRaleigh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight512 g
- Width194 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.