All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to Sail is the perfect partner for anyone new to dinghy sailing. A jargon free approach and step by step guidance takes you through everything you need to kw, and is designed to help you to get out on the water with the minimum of fuss. In this enhanced eBook, t only will you benefit from expert advice and hundreds of photographs covering all aspects of dinghy sailing - there are also 11 supplementary videos (viewable on suitable devices) showing you how to put the theory into practice. On-board and mast-head cameras give a uniquely helpful perspective. Videos include: *Essential kts *The racing rules *Reefing *Key factors *Beach launch *Pontoon launch *Capsize recovery *First sail *Tacking *Gybing *Spinnaker Not only are one and two--person dinghies covered, there are even tips on flying colourful downwind sails. The basic structure of national dinghy sailing courses is followed, though the emphasis is on keeping it simple and ensuring everyone has fun. Learn to Sail is the simplest way to start sailing.
- Author BiographyTim Hore is an experienced sailor and offshore yachtsman. He has been sailing dinghies for over 35 years and regularly sails competitively with his local sailing club. He is a qualified RYA Senior Dinghy Instructor and has been running Level 1 and 2 courses for beginners at their sailing school since 2002, and also runs Start to Race courses for the more proficient sailor.He co-founded Sailaboat Ltd, formed to provide online sailing training for new or inexperienced dinghy sailors, as well as being used as a valuable refresher for skills that may have been forgotten whilst at sailing school.
- Author(s)Tim Hore
- PublisherFernhurst Books Limited
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight546 g
- Width172 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.