All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSail your very first day on the water. Learn to Sail Today offers a uniquely fun and quick method for beginners to learn exactly what they need to enter the fun and rewarding world of sailing. Written specifically to engage and reassure the uninitiated, this sailing primer covers the essentials step by step without overwhelming you with intimidating diagrams and long lists of sail boat parts. This simple, intuitive guide uses dozens of informative illustrations along with clear explanations, free from unnecessary jargon, to put you confidently at the helm your very first day on the water. It walks you through everything you need to kw to be a responsible sailor, from sail-trim theory and practice, safety, sailing etiquette, inspecting a boat, steering, and docking to sailing to ather harbor and buying your first sail boat.
- Author BiographyBarry Lewis has been boating and sailing for over 50 years. He is Commodore of the Belmont Yacht Club and past Judge Advocate of the Chicago Yachting Association.
- Author(s)Barry Lewis
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectWater Sports
- Series TitleInternational Marine-RMP
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width198 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.