Learner-Centered Instruction: Building Relationships for Student Success by Jeffrey H. D. Cornelius-White, Adam P. Harbaugh (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $146.51+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $94.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionLearner-Centered Instruction: Building Relationships for Student Success is a supplementary text that provides a practical yet comprehensive explanation of learner-centered instruction, the empirically supported methods associated with strong teacher-student relationships. The text is primarily intended to help K-12 preservice and inservice teachers understand and realize the benefits of learner-centered instruction (LCI) strategies. While this new text reviews common topics in instruction and classroom management, it is distinct from other texts in its focus on the elements and effects of teacher-student relationships. Learner-Centered Instruction is firmly rooted in research, yet written in an accessible style that brings to life the human dimensions and value of these relationships.
- Author BiographyJeffrey H. D. Cornelius-White, Psy.D., LPC, is Associate Professor in the Department of Counseling, Leadership and Special Education, Provost's Fellow for Teaching and Learning, at Missouri State University in Springfield, and Adjunct Assistant Professor for the Cooperative Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He is Chair of the Board of the World Association for Person-Centered and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counseling, Co-Editor of The Person-Centered Journal, Content Editor of the Journal of Border Educational Research, and co-editor of the 2008 book with PCCS entitled: Facilitating Young People's Development: International perspectives on person-centered theory and practice. He has also been a Dean's Fellow, Service-Learning Fellow and Program Director for School Counseling at MSU. His 50 publications have been mostly concerned with person-centered and social justice issues in education, psychology, and counseling. Jef is the father of two children, Evan and Avery, and partner to his wife Cecily. He enjoys biking, swimming, reading, and playing with his kids. Adam P. Harbaugh is an Assistant Professor of Curriculum and Instruction in the Department of Middle, Secondary, and K-12 Education at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He primarily teaches middle and secondary methods courses. Adam holds a Master's and Ph.D. Degree in curriculum and instruction and Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in mathematics. Adam is also a certified middle grades and secondary mathematics teacher with experience in middle- and high-school mathematics classrooms. Adam's publications and research interest are centered on supporting teachers' effective use of communications, problem solving, and technology in their mathematics classrooms. He is an Associate Editor of School, Science, and Mathematics Journal. Adam is the father of two children, Sarah and Jackson, and partner to his wife Rebecca. He enjoys running, photography, racquetball, and spending time with his family.
- Author(s)Adam P. Harbaugh,Jeffrey H. D. Cornelius-White
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/03/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.