Learning About Language Assessment by Kathleen M. Bailey, Michele Bissiere, Andy Curtis, Joan Casteel (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $95.59+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated text provides a contemporary and practical analysis of language assessment theory. In addition to updated concepts and Teachers' Voices, new chapters on assessing language for specific purposes, and content-based assessment have been added. A new Tools of the Trade section has been added to each chapter, and covers new statistical procedures and examples.
- Author BiographyDr. Kathleen M. Bailey received her M.A. in TESL and her Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics from the University of California at Los Angeles. She is a professor of Applied Linguistics at the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS), in Monterey, California, and a TESOL professor at Anaheim University. She teaches courses on language assessment in both of those programs. Dr. Bailey's research interests include teacher education, supervision and development; language assessment; classroom research; and research methodology. She received the James E. Alatis Award for service to TESOL and the Heinle Lifetime Achievement Award, and is a two-time recipient of the Allen Griffin Award for Excellence in Teaching in Monterey County. She also received the Leslie Eliason Award for Excellence in Teaching at the Monterey Institute. From 1998-1999, Dr. Bailey was the president of TESOL. She served a total of seven years on the TESOL Board of Directors. Previously she served on the TOEFL Research Committee. Since 2009 she has been the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of TIRF - The International Research Foundation for English Language Education, as well as President of that foundation. In 2014 she was elected to the presidential line of the American Association for Applied Linguistics. Andy Curtis received his M.A. in Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching in 1992, and his Ph.D. in International Education in 1996, both from the University of York in England. From 2007 to 2011, Dr Curtis was the Director of the English Language Teaching Unit at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and an associate professor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction within the Faculty of Education there. From 2002 to 2005, Dr. Curtis was the Executive Director of the School of English at Queen's University in Ontario, Canada. Over the last 20 years, Dr Curtis has worked with and presented to approximately 25,000 teachers in 30 different countries and territories, and he has published more than 100 books, chapters, and academic papers.
- Author(s)Andy Curtis,Joan Casteel,Kathleen M. Bailey,Michele Bissiere
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight568 g
- Width189 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.