Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
About this product
- DescriptionOne small, faded, leather-bound journal. One photograph in a newspaper. These two seemingly small items are set to change lives forever. Just when career success seems set fair for Zeph's writer husband Nick, she discovers that he has been having an affair. Wounded and angry, she turns to her mother for support, only to discover that the past has also come back to haunt Cora, a person who always seemed utterly flawless. For w comes evidence of Cora's own long-ago relationship with a famous man, a man who so adored Zeph's mother that he never forgot her. Zeph is forced to see her own childhood, and the bond with her beloved father, in an entirely new light. Was she really loved, as her mother and father tried to deal with their problems? Was their happiness a sham, as hers and Nick's threatens to be? And how much can you trust the person who tells you that they love you? As Zeph struggles to piece together her shattered images of husband and parent, she suddenly realises the connection between herself and the writer of the journal which has appeared in the morning mail, posted from Italy; a last gift from a dying man, an anymous and passionate stranger...Set in both England and the alluringly beautiful island of Sicily, A YEAR IN THE LIGHT explores the complexities and subtleties of marriage, of lasting love and human frailty.
- Author BiographyElizabeth McGregor was born in Warwickshire and lives in Dorset. An award-winning short story writer, she has also written six acclaimed psychological thrillers. Her novels are the acclaimed THE ICE CHILD, A WAY THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS, THE GIRL IN THE GREEN GLASS MIRROR and LEARNING BY HEART.
- PrizesShortlisted for Romantic Novelists' Association Awards: Romantic Novel of the Year 2007.
- Author(s)Elizabeth McGregor
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/05/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Weight222 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.