All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book uses the learning-by-example approach. It takes simple examples from games to introduce all the main concepts of programming in an easy-to-digest and immediately recognizable way. This book is for the total beginner to any type of programming, focusing on the writing of C# code and scripts only. There are many parts that make up the Unity game engine. It is assumed that the reader already kws their way around Unity's user interface. The code editor used in this book is the MoDevelop editor supplied by Unity.
- Author BiographyTerry Norton was born and raised in California. During the Vietnam era, he served six and half years in the US Air Force. While in the military, he was trained in electronics for electronic counter-measures. Upon discharge, he earned his Electrical Engineering degree, and later working for Joslyn Defense Systems in Vermont, designing and developing test equipment for the US Navy. When personal computers came on the scene, he took an interest in building computers, but never quite delved deep into the programming side. It wasn't unti l 2004 that programming peaked his interest. He began writi ng arti cles for OS/2 Magazine to teach C++ programming. Unfortunately, damaging his left hand in a snowblower accident in 2005 ended his writi ng for a couple years. IBM abandoned OS/2, so Terry bought his fi rst Apple computer in early 2006. He tried a few ti mes to learn Objecti ve-C, but work and family always seemed to sidetrack his eff orts. It wasn't unti l about 2010 when he discovered Unity and the need to write scripts, that he fi nally made some progress into the programming world. He began writi ng an online tutorial for UnityScript ti tled UnityScript for Noobs. It was a basic tutorial for beginners made available just before Unite 2011. Since then, Terry has been learning C# for writi ng scripts for Unity. Packt Publishing noti ced UnityScript for Noobs and asked if he would be interested in writi ng a book about learning UnityScript. He declined. He felt that C# was a bett er language, and his heart just wasn't into UnityScript any longer. Two weeks later, Packt off ered him the opportunity to write a book about learning C# for Unity. He jumped on it.
- Author(s)Terry Norton
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication07/10/2013
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight507 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.