All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearning and Remembering Chinese Characters provides a systematic study aid designed with the psychological principles to ease and bear on the daunting process of learning Chinese characters. One of the key principles is the use of visual imagery. It has a modern approach: use of simplified characters and pinyin with little emphasis on historical etymology and is learning-oriented, using visual and imaginative memorisation techniques from the psychology of learning with tips on learning habits and an introduction to concepts in gentle progression. For ease of use, characters are introduced in a logical order but prioritised by usefulness (by HSK grade and as measured by frequency of occurrence in Chinese). A practical guide, it has a concise, clear and appealing layout and is well-indexed with easy to-look-up methods. It covers the list of Chinese characters for HSK levels A and part of B. The contents include: Introduction, The nature and purpose of the book, Chinese characters (Building blocks, etc.), Visual imagery and stories, Learning strategies, How to write Chinese characters and More about Chinese characters.
- Author BiographyAlison Matthews is a statistician who has worked in the oil, aviation, tourism, medical and software industries. <p/>Laurence Matthews is the author of the Kanji Fast Finder and Chinese Character Fast Finder books.
- Author(s)Alison Matthews,Laurence Matthews
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication31/08/2007
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Notelin
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.