All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn the World Library of Educationalists, international experts themselves compile career-long collections of what they judge to be their finest pieces - extracts from books, key articles, salient research findings, major theoretical and practical contributions - so the world can read them in a single manageable volume. Readers will be able to follow the themes and strands and see how their work contributes to the development of the field. This volume brings together the selected works of Knud Illeris. Leaving a promising business career at age 27 to begin his higher education, Knud Illeris exemplifies the true spirit of youth and adult education that has resulted in him having published in almost twenty countries, including the UK, Germany, China, Korea and Brazil. Knud Illeris' work revolves around the way learning takes place and in some cases does t take palce. Split into five parts; * Learning Theory, * Lifelong Learning as a Psychological Process, * Special Learning Issues, * Various Learning Approaches to Education, * Learning in Working Life, Learning, Development and Education: From learning theory to education and practice is arranged thematically and examines youth and adult learning through Illeris' model based on three dimensions of learning and competence development- emotional, cognitive and social, and four kinds of learning. In this collection of his papers, written over a period of almost five decades, and published in multiple languages, spanning from Faroese to Chinese, some of his most important works are chronicled. This compelling overview of Illeris' contribution to educational thinking and theory charts the challenges and obstacles faced by disciplination and selection, and offers a genuine impression and understanding of an almost lifelong engagement with a wide range of topics in the field of learning - an engagement which has been the central area of Illeris' academic life.
- Author BiographyKnud Illeris has been Professor of educational research at Roskilde University and of lifelong learning at Aarhus University, Denmark.
- Author(s)Knud Illeris
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.