All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionCreate the perfectly customized system by unleashing the power of Android OS on your embedded device About This Book * Understand the system architecture and how the source code is organized * Explore the power of Android and customize the build system * Build a fully customized Android version as per your requirements Who This Book Is For If you are a Java programmer who wants to customize, build, and deploy your own Android version using embedded programming, then this book is for you. What You Will Learn * Master Android architecture and system design * Obtain source code and understand the modular organization * Customize and build your first system image for the Android emulator * Level up and build your own Android system for a real-world device * Use Android as a home automation and entertainment system * Tailor your system with optimizations and add-ons * Reach for the stars: look at the Internet of Things, entertainment, and domotics In Detail Take a deep dive into the Android build system and its customization with Learning Embedded Android Programming, written to help you master the steep learning curve of working with embedded Android. Start by exploring the basics of Android OS, discover Google's repo system, and discover how to retrieve AOSP source code. You'll then find out to set up the build environment and the first AOSP system. Next, learn how to customize the boot sequence with a new animation, and use an Android kitchen to cook your custom ROM. By the end of the book, you'll be able to build customized Android open source projects by developing your own set of features. Style and approach This step-by-step guide is packed with various real-world examples to help you create a fully customized Android system with the most useful features available.
- Author BiographyIvan Morgillo is a computer engineer, a conference speaker, and a community organizer. He is passionate about programming and embedded systems-from DIY domotics to Android devices. He is cofounder of Alter Ego Solutions, a mobile development consulting company. He is also the author of RxJava Essentials, by Packt Publishing and Grokking Rx, by Manning Publications. Stefano Viola is an embedded software developer with proved experience with Linux embedded devices and microcontrollers. He is an Android platform expert and application developer. He is passionate about programming and embedded systems, from DIY domotics and robots to customized Android devices. He is currently working at SECO as an embedded software engineer. He is part of AXIOM project, an R&D project by the European Community, and the UDOO team.
- Author(s)Ivan Morgillo
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.