Learning English with Laughter: Module 2 Part 1 Student Reader by Dr George a Stocker D D S, MS Daisy a Stocker M Ed (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionModule 2 Part 1 Student Reader: CURRICULUM FOR HIGH BEGINNERS Second Edition Learning English with Laughter's Teen-adult series has four Modules. This Student Reader is part of a series of the three books, Student Reader, Workbook and Teacher's Guide that comprise Module 2 Part 1. It is for English second language high beginners aged 13 years and older. It has 40 pages for 20 lessons of approximately 90 minutes each. Many of the exercises and activities will be incomplete if bought without the series - Student Reader, Workbook and Teacher's Guide. THE STUDENTS DO NOT WRITE IN THIS BOOK, CONSEQUENTLY IT CAN BE USED BY MORE THAN ONE CLASS. This allows schools that provide the books for their students to collect and re-issue them for the following semester. It also lets a student who has purchased the book, re-sell it to an incoming student. The availability of the Modules in two Parts allows schools, colleges and universities to provide books for half of each Module at a time. This allows flexibility in administering the program. This Student Reader provides the introduction and explanation of all new grammar points as they are incrementally introduced. The following Grammar concepts are introduced in this Student Reader. They are then integrated and reinforced through large and small group oral activities in the Workbook and Teacher's Guide. - Vocabulary - Role-plays - Small group questioning, answering, checking answers - Question word order - Listening, reading and responding orally to questions - Small group partner activities - Use of in and on in dates - Tag questions - Using do in a tag question - Understanding this, that, these, those - Comparative distances - Reading a chart - Reference information - the seasons - Reference information - comparative adjectives - Small group discussion - expressing preferences - Order of adjectives - Articles a and the - Adverbs with ly endings - Reference information - frequency adverbs - Using likely and probably - Using the adverb ever - Using adverbs with to be - Whole class - making questions - Polite use of would - Contractions of would - Phrases using words followed by prepositions - British use of have got - Expressing necessity - A joke - The goats As each new idea is introduced it is mastered in a conversational environment. Grammar concepts are introduced incrementally and reinforced by providing extensive oral practice of each new concept before progressing to the next. They will sometimes work in small groups, asking and answering questions and checking their answers from a box at the side of the page. Students appreciate this activity as they can practice outside of class with a friend. This book is the third Student Reader of a series that includes Workbooks and Teacher Guides. It can be used a number of times as the students aren't required to write in it. The conversational material provided stimulates laughter, creating an enjoyable and relaxed learning atmosphere. The students do the written work in the Workbook. All answers, tests and extra activities for photocopying are in the Teacher's Guide. This series has been popular for the last decade. The online version is being used in more than 70 countries of the world.
- Author BiographyDaisy Stocker B.Ed., M.Ed. taught in the British and Canadian school systems in different capacities over many years. George Stocker D.D.S. practiced Dentistry and taught in hospitals, colleges and universities. In 1990 they left their Canadian careers and traveled to Czechoslovakia to teach and assist in establishing the first private language school in the country. During the following years the Stockers developed this series of textbooks. Frequent surveys were given to the students to assess the many components of their lessons. The results of the surveys were discussed with the students and only the most helpful content was retained. This grassroots feedback obtained from our students has been positively confirmed by students and teachers in more than 70 countries around the world. Since leaving the Czech Republic the Stockers have taught in Budapest, Hong Kong and Northern India. They make their home in Victoria, Canada.
- Author(s)Dr George a Stocker D D S,MS Daisy a Stocker M Ed
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.