All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Internet gives us access to a wealth of information in languages we don't understand. The investigation of automated or semi-automated approaches to translation has become a thriving research field with ermous commercial potential. This volume investigates how Machine Learning techniques can improve Statistical Machine Translation, currently at the forefront of research in the field. The book looks first at enabling techlogies--techlogies that solve problems that are t Machine Translation proper but are linked closely to the development of a Machine Translation system. These include the acquisition of bilingual sentence-aligned data from comparable corpora, automatic construction of multilingual name dictionaries, and word alignment. The book then presents new or improved statistical Machine Translation techniques, including a discriminative training framework for leveraging syntactic information, the use of semi-supervised and kernel-based learning methods, and the combination of multiple Machine Translation outputs in order to improve overall translation quality.ContributorsSrinivas Bangalore, Nicola Cancedda, Josep M. Crego, Marc Dymetman, Jakob Elming, George Foster, Jesus Gimenez, Cyril Goutte, Nizar Habash, Gholamreza Haffari, Patrick Haffner, Hitoshi Isahara, Stephan Kanthak, Alexandre Klementiev, Gregor Leusch, Pierre Mahe, Lluis Marquez, Evgeny Matusov, I. Dan Melamed, Ion Muslea, Hermann Ney, Bru Pouliquen, Dan Roth, Aop Sarkar, John Shawe-Taylor, Ralf Steinberger, Joseph Turian, Nicola Ueffing, Masao Utiyama, Zhuoran Wang, Benjamin Wellington, Kenji Yamada
- Author BiographyMarc Dymetman is a researcher in the Cross-Language Technologies Research Group at the Xerox Research Centre Europe.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication09/01/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleNeural Information Processing Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note55 figures, 69 tables
- Weight862 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byCyril Goutte,George Foster,Marc Dymetman,Nicola Cancedda
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.