All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionComputer-Mediated Communication (CMC) techlogies such as electronic mail, bulletin board services, computer conferencing systems, and the World Wide Web are having a profound effect on education. Learning Networks is a complete guide to the use of these new techlogies at the primary, secondary, university, and adult education levels. Drawing on the authors' own considerable experience of teaching and learning online, it describes the learning networks that are available as well as new examples of learning networks that can be created.Part I provides a selective survey of the field: what are learning networks and who is using them, what kind of courses can be taught online, what approaches to teaching and learning are most successful online, what curriculum can best be supported by networking, and what kinds of teachers and learners benefit from this medium. Part II deals exhaustively with the design and implementation of learning networks as well as the roles of teachers and learners and gives a realistic assessment of potential pitfalls. In Part III the authors discuss CMC techlogies as a paradigm for education in the next century.
- Author BiographyLinda Harasim is a Professor in the Department of Communications at Simon Fraser University.
- Author(s)Linda M. Harasim,Lucio Teles,Murray Turoff,Starr Roxanne Hiltz
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/1995
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.