All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionSet up and maintain your own cloud-based Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) using OpenStack About This Book * Build and manage a cloud environment using just four virtual machines * Get to grips with mandatory as well as optional OpenStack components and kw how they work together * Leverage your cloud environment to provide Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) with this practical, step-by-step guide Who This Book Is For This book is targeted at all aspiring administrators, architects, or students who want to build cloud environments using Openstack. Kwledge of IaaS or cloud computing is recommended. What You Will Learn * Get an introduction to OpenStack and its components * Authenticate and authorize the cloud environment using Keystone * Store and retrieve data and images using storage components such as Cinder, Swift, and Glance * Use Nova to build a Cloud Computing fabric controller * Abstract techlogy-agstic networks using the Neutron network component * Gain an understanding of optional components such as Ceilometer, Trove, Ironic, Sahara, Barbican, Zaqar, Designate, Manila, and many more * See how all of the OpenStack components collaborate to provide IaaS to users * Create a production-grade OpenStack and automate your OpenStack Cloud In Detail OpenStack is a free and open source cloud computing platform that is rapidly gaining popularity in Enterprise data centres. It is a scalable operating system and is used to build private and public clouds. It is imperative for all the aspiring cloud administrators to possess OpenStack skills if they want to succeed in the cloud-led IT infrastructure space. This book will help you gain a clearer understanding of OpenStack's components and their interaction with each other to build a cloud environment. You will learn to deploy a self-service based cloud using just four virtual machines and standard networking. You begin with an introduction on the basics of cloud computing. This is followed by a brief look into the need for authentication and authorization, the different aspects of dashboards, cloud computing fabric controllers, along with Networking as a Service and Software Defined Networking. Then, you will focus on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting different architectures such as Keystone, Horizon, Nova, Neutron, Cinder, Swift, and Glance. Furthermore, you will see how all of the OpenStack components come together in providing IaaS to users. Finally, you will take your OpenStack cloud to the next level by integrating it with other IT ecosystem elements before automation. By the end of this book, you will be proficient with the fundamentals and application of OpenStack. Style and approach This is a practical step-by-step guide comprising of installation prerequisites and basic troubleshooting instructions to help you build an error-free OpenStack cloud easily.
- Author BiographyAlok Shrivastwa is a technologist from India, currently working as a director of Cloud Services for Microland Limited in their Center of Innovation. He has a keen interest in all things physical and metaphysical and is an innovator at heart. He has worked with multiple large- and medium-sized enterprises, designing and implementing their network security solutions, automation solutions, VoIP environments, datacenter designs, public and private clouds, and integrations. He has also created several tools and intellectual properties in the field of operationalization of emerging technologies. He has also authored several white papers and blogs on technology and metaphysical topics, in addition to writing poems in Hindi. Also, he has been a guest speaker for undergraduate engineering students in Chennai. You can connect with him at https://in.linkedin.com/in/alokas or follow him at @alok_as. Sunil Sarat is the vice president of Cloud and Mobility Services at Microland Ltd, an India-based global hybrid IT infrastructure services provider. He played a key role in setting up and running emerging technology practices dealing with areas such as public/private cloud (AWS and Azure, VMware vCloud Suite, Microsoft, and OpenStack), hybrid IT (VMware vRealize Automation/Orchestration, Chef, and Puppet), enterprise mobility (Citrix Xenmobile and VMware Airwatch), VDI /app virtualization (VMware Horizon Suite, Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, Microsoft RDS, and AppV), and associated transformation services. He is a technologist and a business leader with an expertise in creating new practices/service portfolios and in building and managing high performance teams, strategy definition, technology roadmaps, and 24/7 global remote infrastructure operations. He has varied experiences in handling diverse functions such as innovation/technology, service delivery, transition, presales/solutions, and automation. He has authored white papers, blogs, and articles on various technology- and service-related areas. Also, he is a speaker at cloud-related events and reviews technical books. He has reviewed the books Learning Airwatch and Mastering VMware Horizon 6, Packt Publishing. He holds various industry certifications in the areas of compute, storage, and security and also has an MBA degree in marketing. Besides technology and business, he is passionate about filmmaking and is a part-time filmmaker as well. For more information, you can visit his Linkedin profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/sunilsarat or follow him at @sunilsarat.
- Author(s)Alok Shrivastwa,Sunil Sarat
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.