All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.18Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionWritten to assist teachers and other professionals who support children with visual impairment and additional difficulties, this text examines the role of touch in developing effective teaching and learning. The book is divided into eleven chapters that provide useful background information about the sense of touch, and consider how potential barriers to independent learning through touch can be reduced through structuring appropriate learning experiences. A series of reflective activities are included which are designed to draw out key issues from relevant chapters and invite the reader to explore the implications for his or her practice. A number of these activities are designed to cross-reference with relevant extension standards from the National SEN Specialist Standards for teachers and recommendations about further reading and teaching resources are provided throughout the book. This text will be useful for teachers and learning support staff working with children who have visual impairment and additional difficulties. It will also have relevance to other professionals working with children with severe and complex needs who wish to understand more about the role of touch in developing effective learning experiences.
- Author BiographyMike McLinden and Stephen McCall, Lecturers in Education (Visual Impairment) at the School of Education, University of Birmingham.
- Author(s)Mike McLinden,Stephen McCall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.