Learning Words Inside & Out, Grades 1-6 : Vocabulary Instruction That Boosts Achievement in All Subject Areas by Douglas Fisher, Dr Nancy Frey (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.59+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionNancy Frey and Doug Fisher have given all elementary teachers a real gift with this guide to teaching and learning subject-area vocabulary.... What they have created is an inviting and persuasive guide for elementary teachers to follow in restructuring their subject-area instruction to include meaningful attention to vocabulary. -Donna Ogle Author of Reading Comprehension: Strategies for Independent Learners During nfiction read-aloud, the unfamiliar word manufacture comes up. Your unit on the solar system includes difficult new terms. In math time, kids need to kw what an addend is. Learning Words Inside & Out helps you use moments like these to make word learning a part of all your lessons and to connect students to new vocabulary. Learning Words Inside & Out shows you how to embed powerful vocabulary instruction into your teaching. Throughout your teaching day, you'll give students the multiple encounters they need to kw a word's meaning forever. With Nancy Frey and Douglas Fisher's strategies, you'll: Make it intentional-Select words for instruction that are worth precious classroom time Make it transparent-Give students word-solving strategies by modeling your thinking during read-aloud Make it useable-Provide oral and written practice through authentic peer activities Make it personal-Help words stick through well-designed independent activities Make it a priority-Create a schoolwide focus on word learning. Frey and Fisher also call out specific ways to support English learners and struggling readers. Their numerous examples of classroom language model many types of effective teacher-student interaction. Best of all, an accompanying study guide will help you get the most from Frey and Fisher's strategies-a helpful resource for individuals or teacher study groups. Help your students develop a passion for words and give them the subject-area vocabulary they need for success. Read Learning Words Inside;& Out and connect kids with words by making word learning part of everything you do.
- Author(s)Douglas Fisher,Dr Nancy Frey
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication19/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight340 g
- Width183 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.