All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionExploring how global changes affect education today, in the classroom and in local, national, and international contexts, this book explores the future of education's capacity for effectiveness in multicultural and multilingual contexts. The chapters deal with lifelong learning (a critique), immigration, antiracist education, parental involvement in schools, national curricula, Paulo Freire's legacy, insights from the work of Lorenzo Milani and the School of Barbiana, and Gramsci's writings on the school. There are both theoretical and empirically grounded chapters in this volume.
- Author BiographyCarmel Borg is Dean of the Faculty of Education at the University of Malta. His books include Children and Youth at Risk. Narratives of Hope (co-edited with Colin Calleja, Agenda, 2005) and Gramsci and Education (co-edited with Joseph A. Buttigieg and Peter Mayo, Rowman and Littlefield, 2002). He is the Editor of the Journal of Maltese Education Research. Peter Mayo is Associate Professor, Faculty of Education, at the University of Malta. His books include Liberating Praxis. Paulo Freire's Legacy for Radical Education and Politics (Praeger, 2004), Gramsci and Education (co-edited with Carmel Borg and Joseph A. Buttigieg, Rowman and Littlefield, 2002), Gramsci, Freire and Adult Education. Possibilities for Transformative Action (Zed Books, 1999) and Beyond Schooling. Adult Education in Malta (co-edited with Godfrey Baldacchino, Mireva, 1997).
- Author(s)Carmel Borg,Peter Mayo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.