All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.89
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive and authoritative account of how primary school children and teachers can use maps to enhance learning and deepen understanding of this essential skill. It includes all aspects of map use, such as reading and interpreting maps and using maps to find the way, covering maps of all scales, including globes and atlases. The text is extensively illustrated with examples, including maps made by children themselves using conventional materials as well as computer software. A particular feature of the book is the integration of digital and conventional mapping, and Internet and CD-ROM cartography together with simple applications of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) appropriate to the needs of children right through primary and secondary education. This book will be of great use to all primary teachers and subject teachers in secondary school as well as n-specialist geography teachers, and will enable children to use all types of maps in new, compelling and thoughtful ways.
- Author BiographyPatrick Wiegand is Reader in Geography Education at the University of Leeds and Chair of the Cartography and Children Commission of the International Cartographic Association. He is a Fellow of the British Cartographic Society, a member of the UK Committee for Cartography and recently held a Leverhulme Research Fellowship in GIS in Education. He is editorial adviser on atlases for Oxford University Press.
- Author(s)Patrick Wiegand
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white halftones, 47 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.