All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionLarge scale changes in work and education are a key feature of contemporary global transformations, with a pervasive politics that affects people's experiences of workplaces and learning spaces. This thought-provoking book uses empirical research to question prevailing debates surrounding compliance at work, education and lifelong learning, and emphasises the importance of debate and dissent within the current terms and conditions of work. Examining a number of types of work, including teaching, nursing and social work, through a transnational research space, the contributors investigate how disturbances in work both constrain and enable collective identities in practical politics. Structured around three main themes, the book covers: * Disturbed work: with cases of occupational reform in nursing and vocational teaching in Finland and re-regulating work in Australia * Disturbing work: examining contested occupational kwledge in German school to work transitions, paraprofessional healthwork in the UK, social work in Finland, and mobilising professional expertise in US Community College faculty and Australian adult literacy * Transforming politics: negotiating an ageing workforce in Germany, young adults moving through identities and careers, building a politics of 'we' through a global book project An enlightening collection of international contributions, this book will appeal to all postgraduate students, researchers and policy makers, in education, work, and lifelong learning.
- Author BiographyTerri Seddon is Professor of Education at Monash University, Australia, and Director for Work and Learning Studies. Lea Henriksson is Docent in Social Policy and an Academy of Finland Research Fellow at the University of Tampere, Finland. Beatrix Niemeyer is Docent (PD) in Educational Science and Senior Researcher at the Institute of Vocational Education, University of Flensburg, Germany.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBeatrix Niemeyer,Lea Henriksson,Terri Seddon
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.