Learning as I Go: A Medley of Essays and Letters, Some Earnest, Some Satirical, Containing Thoughts and Conjectures on Such Diverse Topics as the Catholic Church, the Public Square, the Culture Wars, Relationships Between Men and Women, Writers, Books... by Jeff Minick (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionAn eccentric romp of a book, Learning As I Go takes shots at our messy culture, picks a lover's quarrel with the Catholic Church, throws unabashed educational advice at young people, and pays homage to books and writers. Along the way, Jeff Minick looks at burka babes and crazy ladies, finds beauty in small places, shops with Flannery O'Conr at WalMart, shakes hands with adult adolescents, and examines hor and duty in a world which seems bereft of both. All of Joe Ecclesia's Letters to the Bishop, originally published in Chronicles Magazine, are included here. In addition, there are twenty-nine other essays, nearly all of which have appeared in Chronicles, the Smoky Mountain News, vocabula.com, and other magazines. Minick is also the author of the vel Amanda Bell. Of this story of loss and redemption, one online reviewer wrote: Victimized by a series of unfortunate events, Amanda Bell--a beautiful, twenty-seven-year-old woman--seeks to recede further and further into herself...Meeting an unlikely figure in modern literature, however, Amanda slowly lets down her walls and eventually lets herself slip into love. Amanda Bell may remind us all that love comes in many forms.
- Author BiographyJeff Minick lives in Asheville, North Carolina, where he earns his living tutoring homeschool students in literature, history, and Latin. His essays, reviews, stories, and poems have appeared in various publications over the last thirty years.
- Author(s)Jeff Minick
- Date of Publication11/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.