All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionDifferent professional and academic disciplines have addressed the HIV/AIDS pandemic from a variety of perspectives, using different analytical approaches. By bringing these together in one volume, Learning from HIV/AIDS provides a more complete picture of this multi-faceted disease - from the biological and social factors which facilitate HIV transmission - to the powerful cultural and political forces which fuel the pandemic. Chapters from contributors working on the aetiology, treatment and prevention of HIV/AIDS identify how their work has helped predict the spread of HIV and has improved the survival of those infected. Yet interventions to reduce the spread of HIV have had limited success, and few HIV-infected individuals have access to combination drug therapies. Written for students and researchers, and taking an interdisciplinary perspective, this book demonstrates that progress in developing effective and acceptable interventions can only be achieved through collaboration between the biological, medical and social sciences.
- Author BiographyGEORGE ELLISON is Professor of Public Health and Director of the Institute of Primary Care and Public Health at South Bank University, London. MELISSA PARKER is a lecturer in Social Anthropology and Director of the International Medical Anthropology Programme at Brunel University in London. CATHERINE CAMPBELL is Reader in Social Psychology at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleBiosocial Society Symposium Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.15
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus. 2 tables
- Weight638 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCatherine Campbell,George Ellison,Melissa Parker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.