All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.48Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume looks at school-university partnerships from sociocultural perspectives of learning that view participation in social practice as fundamental to the process of learning. Its two major themes - school-university partnership and sociocultural and social theories of learning - have both been treated extensively in the literature. It is the bringing together of these two themes that makes this book unique. In this examination of an evolving model of school-university partnership, the Unified Professional Development Project in Hong Kong, the authors analyze the learning that takes place as the participants (student-teachers, mentor teachers, and university supervisors) mutually engage in the enterprise of improving teaching and learning in schools, developing shared practices, and creating new communities of practice. Although it describes one specific context, the book is t just about this locale. Rather, the Unified Professional Development Project is used as a context for theorizing more generally a social theory of learning for school-university partnerships that is relevant to any other similar context. This book will interest teacher educators, researchers in teacher education and teacher development, policy makers, and school practitioners who are involved in school-university partnerships.
- Author BiographyAmy B. M. Tsui, Gwyn Edwards, Fran Lopez-Real, Tammy Kwan, Doris Law, Philip Stimpson, Rosina Tang, and Albert Wong are participants in the Hong Kong Unified Professional Development Project.
- Author(s)Albert Wong,Amy B. M. Tsui,Doris Law,Fran Lopez-Real,Gwyn Edwards,Philip Stimpson,Rosina Tang,Tammy Kwan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/12/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note6 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.