All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.25Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- Description'Hope is about learning to dream - provided one remembers the dream comes t so much out of one's own unconscious, but out of God's. Hope is first learning God's dream, and then living it.' This striking guide to thoughtful Christian living explores the everyday experience of Christian hope and wisdom. In thirty six short and engaging reflections, Sam Wells explores what influences and shapes how we live, love, think, read Scripture, feel and dream. Helping us grapple with cultural forces and contemporary questions, Learning to Dream Again sets out to shape a theological imagination that is grounded in the reality of being human in a suffering world and yet open to transformation by the life and joy of God.
- Author BiographySAM WELLS is Vicar of St Martin in the Fields, London, and is the author and editor of many acclaimed books including What Anglicans Believe, God's Companions (shortlisted for the Michael Ramsey Prize) and Power and Passion, the 2007 Archbishop of Canterbury's Lent Book. Previously he was Dean of Chapel and Research Professor of Christian Ethics at Duke University, North Carolina, and has worked closely with Stanley Hauerwas.
- Author(s)Samuel Wells
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication26/07/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.