All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together a range of international studies to support the implementation of cooperative group work in the classroom. In spite of extensive research into the benefits of this approach, in many countries, it is t widely used, largely due to a lack of understanding of how to put this into practice in the classroom. Starting from an exploration of the theoretical perspectives that underpin this pedagogy, the challenges for including pupils with special educational needs and related status issues of pupils are explored. Amongst the themes explored are how creative approaches, such as Storyline, support engagement particularly for second language learning; how working with young children using cooperative group work can develop writing skills; and how teachers can work together in an effective, collaborative, and sustained manner in a professional learning community. The final chapter provides a vivid example of one teacher's personal journal to develop her understanding of the power of cooperation in creating bridges to meaningful learning for all learners. This book was originally published as a special issue of Education 3-13.
- Author BiographyWendy Jolliffe is Head of Teacher Education at the University of Hull, UK. She has worked as a national and local adviser for teacher training and literacy, and was Deputy Head of a Primary school in Hull before moving into higher education. Her teaching and research interests have focused on the implementation of cooperative learning, which is the subject of her PhD. She has run professional development courses in this country and overseas on this subject. She is the author of Cooperative Learning in the Classroom: putting it into practice (2007), and is a member of the Board of International Association for the Study of Cooperative Education.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight362 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byWendy Jolliffe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.