Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help you to understand what works for the growing brain, and (even more important) what doesn't! It is more and more evident that HOW children learn is much more important then WHAT they learn. Babies are born with a drive to learn, but as babies become children this drive can falter. What are the keys to keeping the momentum going, so children are ready for each stage of their childhood as they reach it? We can influence the quality of learning, without buying specialist DVDs, choosing expensive toys or becoming a 'helicopter adult hovering over children and controlling everything they do. Busy parents and practitioners can make sure that the times they have with children are both enjoyable in the present and useful in the future. This book introduces you to some of the things that affect children's learning, explains these in readable terms, and gives you simple ways of making sure that children get the best start in their lifelong learning journey.
- Author BiographySally Featherstone has a wealth of experience as a teacher, head teacher and a local authority adviser and inspector. In recent years, alongside her activities in publishing, Sally has continued to build a national reputation as a trainer and consultant in the Primary and Early Years field.
- Author(s)Sally Featherstone
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education
- Weight363 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.