All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the ordered universe of the ancient Greeks to the shadows of Nietzsche's nineteenth century, Learning to Live shakes the dust from the history of philosophy and takes us on a fascinating journey through more than two millennia of humanity's search for understanding - of the world around us and of each other. Both a sparkling and accessible history of Western thought, and a courageous dissection of how religion and philosophy have converged and clashed through the ages, Luc Ferry's blueprint for a new humanism challenges every one of us to learn to think for ourselves, and asks us the most important question of all: how can we live better?
- Author BiographyLuc Ferry is a philosopher, teacher and politician. His writing has been published in twenty-five countries and he has won the Prix Medicis for his essays, as well as the Prix Jean-Jacques Rousseau. He was formerly the Minister for Youth and Education in France. Learning to Live has sold over 300,000 copies in France, and appeared on the bestseller list for thirty-two consecutive weeks.
- Author(s)Luc Ferry
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight195 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byTheo Cuffe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.