All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUntil recently, many people thought big data was a passing fad. Data science was an enigmatic term. Today, big data is taken seriously, and data science is considered downright sexy. With this anthology of reports from award-winning journalist Mike Barlow, you'll appreciate how data science is fundamentally altering our world, for better and for worse. Barlow paints a picture of the emerging data space in broad strokes. From new techniques and tools to the use of data for social good, you'll find out how far data science reaches. With this anthology, you'll learn how: Analysts can w get results from their data queries in near real time Indie manufacturers are blurring the lines between hardware and software Companies try to balance their desire for rapid invation with the need to tighten data security Advanced analytics and low-cost sensors are transforming equipment maintenance from a cost center to a profit center CIOs have gradually evolved from order takers to business invators New analytics tools let businesses go beyond data analysis and straight to decision-making Mike Barlow is an award-winning journalist, author, and communications strategy consultant. Since launching his own firm, Cumulus Partners, he has represented major organizations in a number of industries.
- Author BiographyMike Barlow is an award-winning journalist, author and communications strategy consultant. Since launching his own firm, Cumulus Partners, he has represented major organizations in numerous industries. Mike is coauthor of The Executive's Guide to Enterprise Social Media Strategy (Wiley, 2011) and Partnering with the CIO: The Future of IT Sales Seen Through the Eyes of Key Decision Makers (Wiley, 2007). He is also the writer of many articles, reports, and white papers on marketing strategy, marketing automation, customer intelligence, business performance management, collaborative social networking, cloud computing, and big data analytics. Over the course of a long career, Mike was a reporter and editor at several respected suburban daily newspapers, including The Journal News and the Stamford Advocate. His feature stories and columns appeared regularly in The Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Miami Herald, Newsday, and other major US dailies. Mike is a graduate of Hamilton College. He is a licensed private pilot, an avid reader, and an enthusiastic ice hockey fan. Mike lives in Fairfield, Connecticut, with his wife and two children.
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width157 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.