All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past two decades, much attention has been given to the new media culture of video games, due to their unique features and pervasive nature among young people. This book critically examines the role of video games in education, arguing that they encourage strategic thinking, planning, communicating, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and group decision-making. It is also observed that video games promote higher levels of attention and concentration among players. The book contains multiple perspectives and presents thought-provoking ideas, invative approaches, systemic exploration, exemplary and promising efforts, and future-oriented scenarios. The book draws together distinguished researchers, educational and curriculum planners, game creators, educational and social psychologists, and instructional designers to explore how video games can transform the future of education.
- Author BiographyMyint Swe Khine is Associate Professor in the field of learning sciences and technology. He received master's degrees from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA and the University of Surrey, Guildford, UK, and a Doctor of Education from Curtin University of Technology, Australia. He worked in Nanyang Technology University in Singapore before taking up a position as Head of Science, Mathematics and ICT in Bahrain Teachers College at the University of Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain. He has over thirty years of experience in teaching, research and publication in the field of educational technology, educational psychology and science education. He publishes widely in academic journals and has edited several books. His latest book, New Science of Learning: Cognition, Computers and Collaboration in Education, was published in 2010.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication22/11/2010
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleNew Literacies and Digital Epistemologies
- Series Part/Volume Number53
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, fig.
- Weight440 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byMyint Swe Khine
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.