All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionLearning to Read Talmud is the first book-length study of how teachers teach and how students learn to read Talmud. Through a series of studies conducted by scholars of Talmud in classrooms that range from seminaries to secular universities and with students from vice to advanced, this book elucidates a broad range of ideas about what it means to learn to read Talmud and tools for how to achieve that goal. Bridging the study of Talmud and the study of pedagogy, this book is an essential resource for scholars, curriculum writers, and classroom teachers of Talmud.
- Author BiographyJane L. Kanarek is Associate Professor of Rabbinics at Hebrew College. She is the author of Biblical Narrative and the Formation of Rabbinic Law. She received rabbinic ordination from the Jewish Theological Seminary and a PhD from the University of Chicago, USA.
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2016
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Note8 illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJane L. Kanarek,Marjorie Lehman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.