All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn so doing, Dr. Comer reignites a crucial debate as he details the evolution and many successes of his School Development Program since its inception thirty-five years ago, and he illustrates how his model for change has proven effective in public schools throughout the country. Most important, he offers proof that students from all backgrounds can learn at a high level, adopt positive behavioural attitudes, and prepare for a fulfilling adult life, if they learn in schools that provide adequate support for their complete development - schools that kw that leaving child behind should be much more than just a convenient political slogan.
- Author BiographyJames P. Comer, M.D., is Maurice Falk Professor of Child Psychiatry at the Yale Child Study Center and associate dean at the Yale University School of Medicine. He is the author or editor of many books and articles, including more than 150 articles for Parents magazine. Dr. Comer has served as a consultant to the Children's Television Workshop and the Public Committee on Mental Health and as a member of the National Commission on Teaching and America's Future and the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Author(s)James P. Comer
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight538 g
- Width167 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.