All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWise, warm, and authoritative, this straight-talking guide addresses the real-world struggles that psychotherapists face in balancing their professional and personal lives. It demonstrates that recognizing and tending to one's physical, emotional, and spiritual needs t only feels good--it also leads to more effective and ethical practice as a clinician. The book describes and illustrates 12 self-care strategies that are grounded in the authors' extensive research and clinical experience. Interwoven throughout are insights and recommendations from other master therapists, self-care checklists, and suggestions for further reading. Lively and engaging, this affordable resource is ideal for a broad range of professionals and students.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Norcross, PhD, ABPP, is Professor of Psychology and Distinguished University Fellow at the University of Scranton and a clinical psychologist in part-time practice. With over 250 scholarly publications, including 15 books, he is past president of the International Society of Clinical Psychology and of the American Psychological Association (APA) Division of Psychotherapy, and editor of Journal of Clinical Psychology: In Session. He is a recipient of the APA's Distinguished Career Contributions to Education and Training Award, among other awards. James D. Guy, Jr. PhD, ABPP, is President and Executive Director of the Headington Institute, a nonprofit organization that provides psychological and spiritual support to humanitarian aid and disaster relief personnel worldwide. He also maintains a private practice in clinical psychology in Pasadena, California. Dr. Guy was Dean and Professor of Psychology at the Graduate School of Psychology at Fuller Theological Seminary from 1995 to 2001. Widely published, he is the author of The Personal Life of the Psychotherapist.
- Author(s)James D. Guy,John C. Norcross
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication27/09/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.