All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThe Arab uprisings have put Leban under increased strain. While the revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt caused limited reverberations, the war in Syria echoed in the fine-tuned political and confessional balance of Leban. Over one million refugees, equal to one-quarter of Leban's population, have moved in from Syria. The country's ecomy and its already weak public infrastructure have been impacted heavily. Hizbullah's engagement in Syria has posed questions about Leban's disassociation policy. Terrorist attacks by ISIL and the growing risk of radicalization across the confessional spectrum have left the country at unease. However, Leban's political elites have vowed to shield the country from regional turbulences. Leban recently saw a series of demonstrations because of the inability of the government to manage the garbage crisis, but it has been far from witnessing a large-scale citizen uprising similar to the 2005 Cedar Revolution or the revolts next door. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the current situation in Leban, and a detailed assessment of the difficulties which the country is currently facing.
- Author BiographyMaximilian Felsch is Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science at Haigazian University, Beirut, Lebanon. Martin Wahlisch serves as Political Affairs Officer for the United Nations in the Office of the Special Coordinator for Lebanon and is an affiliated scholar of the Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleDurham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMartin Wahlisch,Maximilian Felsch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.