All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA superb text on the fundamentals of Lebesgue measure and integration. This book is designed to give the reader a solid understanding of Lebesgue measure and integration. It focuses on only the most fundamental concepts, namely Lebesgue measure for R and Lebesgue integration for extended real-valued functions on R. Starting with a thorough presentation of the preliminary concepts of undergraduate analysis, this book covers all the important topics, including measure theory, measurable functions, and integration. It offers an abundance of support materials, including helpful illustrations, examples, and problems. To further enhance the learning experience, the author provides a historical context that traces the struggle to define area and area under a curve that led eventually to Lebesgue measure and integration. Lebesgue Measure and Integration is the ideal text for an advanced undergraduate analysis course or for a first-year graduate course in mathematics, statistics, probability, and other applied areas. It will also serve well as a supplement to courses in advanced measure theory and integration and as an invaluable reference long after course work has been completed.
- Author BiographyFRANK BURK teaches in the Department of Mathematics at California State University.
- Author(s)Frank Burk
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication03/12/1997
- Series TitlePure and Applied Mathematics: A Wiley Series of Texts, Monographs and Tracts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations, references
- Weight596 g
- Width167 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.