All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionRecently, there has been tremendous scientific interest in the role of phospholipids and particularly phosphatidylcholine (lecithin) in a variety of biological processes. These include the involvement of phosphatidylcholine in biological membranes, as a component of plasma lipoprotein, as a transporter of choline in the body, and also as a reserve , and possibly only source of unesterified choline. Moreover, numerous clinical studies have recently been conducted, to evaluate the possible uses of externally supplied lecithin in the treatment of some intractible neuropsychiatric disorders (e.g. tardive dyski.nesia, Alzheimer's disease, etc.) and other conditions (e.g. hypercholesteremia). Results to date are encouraging, yet equivocal. This is due, in part, to the fact that the field of phospholipid methodology is highly complex. There is much confusion in the literature, and many ambiguities still remain in the interpretation of experimental findings. This is particularly so for phemena involving phospholipid function in the central nervous system. This book incorporates the proceedings of the Fourth International Colloquium on Lecithin, which took place in Chicago, Illiis, USA, on September 15-17, 1986. The purpese of this colloquium was to review, in a comprehensive manner, basic principles as weli as current information about the techlogy, biochemistry, physiology and therapeutic potential of lecithin. Over 108 individuals from all over the world participated in the sessions. The meeting was subdivided into oral presentations and panel discussions (see Table of Contents). It was sponsored and financed by the Lucas Meyer GmbH (Hamburg), for which the editors are most grateful.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/10/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Behavioral Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight404 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byIsrael Hanin
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.