All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new critical volume, the second to appear in the three-volume Lectura Dantis , contains expert, focused commentary on the Purgatorio by thirty-three international scholars, each of whom presents to the nspecialist reader one of the cantos of the transitional middle cantica of Dante's unique Christian epic. The cast of characters is as colorful as before, although this time most of them are headed for salvation. The canto-by-canto commentary allows each contributor his or her individual voice and results in a deeper, richer awareness of Dante's timeless aspirations and achievements.
- Author BiographyAllen Mandelbaum is W.R. Kenan, Jr., Professor of Humanities at Wake Forest University and a National Book Award winner. He is the translator of the UC Press facing-text editions of Dante's Divine Comedy (in three volumes: Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso), as well as the UC Press editions of the verse translations of The Odyssey of Homer and The Aeneid of Virgil. Anthony Oldcorn is Chair of Italian at Brown University. Charles Ross is Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Purdue University.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 b/w photograph
- Weight481 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAllen Mandelbaum,Anthony Oldcorn,Charles Ross
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.