Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- Descriptionare numerous in-depth studies of student learning processes but, let me confess it, I found these singularly unhelpful while nervously waiting to take the plunge. Consequently, my own advice is, frankly, downright earthyl Notwithstanding educational theorists (who are all-too- frequently arts men), I take it as axiomatic that the existing pattern of lectures, tutorials, practicals, etc. , common throughout higher scientific education, will persist for some time to come. A special word of thanks is due to Pearline Daniels, t only for translating my scrawl into typescript, but for the many helpful ises made at appropriate times. Peter Hor- robin also made many helpful comments. My thanks go to him and, indeed, to all those colleagues who had their say. Alan J. 'Walton April 1970 Contents v PREFACE 1 1 What they expect 2 Course planning 5 13 3 Lecture writing 4 The world premiere 21 5 On stage 31 6 The blackboard 41 7 Screened 49 8 Demonstrations 61 9 Tutorials 73 10 Seminars, colloquia, symposia, and such-like 83 11 Conferences 90 12 Facing the music 98 Bibliography 104 to all those who provoked me into taking up my pen CHAPTER I What they expect Come this September it will be nine years since we forsook the world. Three years squandered on a B. Se. , three years devoted to a Ph. D. , and three years houred with a Fellow- ship which is about to be terminated.
- Author(s)Alan J. Walton
- Date of Publication13/02/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight158 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1972
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.