Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book consists of the lectures for a two-semester course on quantum field theory, and as such is presented in a quite informal and personal manner. The course starts with relativistic one-particle systems, and develops the basics of quantum field theory with an analysis of the representations of the Poincare group. Canical quantization is carried out for scalar, fermion, Abelian and n-Abelian gauge theories. Covariant quantization of gauge theories is also carried out with a detailed description of the BRST symmetry. The Higgs phemen and the standard model of electroweak interactions are also developed systematically. Regularization and (BPHZ) rermalization of field theories as well as gauge theories are discussed in detail, leading to a derivation of the rermalization group equation. In addition, two chapters - one on the Dirac quantization of constrained systems and ather on discrete symmetries - are included for completeness, although these are t covered in the two-semester course.
- Author(s)Ashok Das
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1139 g
- Width155 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.