All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a rigorous introduction to real analysis for undergraduate students, starting from the axioms for a complete ordered field and a little set theory. The book avoids any preconceptions about the real numbers and takes them to be thing but the elements of a complete ordered field. All of the standard topics are included, as well as a proper treatment of the trigometric functions, which many authors take for granted. The final chapters of the book provide a gentle, example-based introduction to metric spaces with an application to differential equations on the real line. The author's exposition is concise and to the point, helping students focus on the essentials. Over 200 exercises of varying difficulty are included, many of them adding to the theory in the text. The book is perfect for second-year undergraduates and for more advanced students who need a foundation in real analysis.
- Author BiographyFinnur Larusson has lectured in pure mathematics at all levels, from first-year calculus to postgraduate courses, at universities in Australia, Canada and the United States. He is currently Associate Professor in the School of Mathematics at the University of Adelaide.
- Author(s)Finnur Larusson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- Series TitleAustralian Mathematical Society Lecture Series
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note200 exercises
- Weight190 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.