All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.44Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionResolution of singularities is a powerful and frequently used tool in algebraic geometry. In this book, Jas Kollar provides a comprehensive treatment of the characteristic 0 case. He describes more than a dozen proofs for curves, many based on the original papers of Newton, Riemann, and Noether. Kollar goes back to the original sources and presents them in a modern context. He addresses three methods for surfaces, and gives a self-contained and entirely elementary proof of a strong and functorial resolution in all dimensions. Based on a series of lectures at Princeton University and written in an informal yet lucid style, this book is aimed at readers who are interested in both the historical roots of the modern methods and in a simple and transparent proof of this important theorem.
- Author BiographyJanos Kollar is a professor of Mathematics at Princeton University.
- Author(s)Janos Kollar
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- Series TitleAnnals of Mathematics Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 166
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note2 line illus.
- Weight28 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.