Stephen H. Tyng (1800-1885) was ordained to the ministry of the Protestant Episcopal church in 1821. His first parish was in Georgetown, D. C., in 1821-'3, and then the Queen Anne parish, Prince George County, Maryland, in 1823-'9. He was called to the rectorship of St. Paul's church, Philadelphia, in 1829, then to the Church of the Epiphany in 1838, where he served for twelve years. In 1844 he was invited to St. George's church, New York city, where, entering upon his duties in 1845, he labored for more than thirty years as rector, and was retired as rector emeritus in 1878. He received the degree of D. D. from Jefferson college, Pennsylvania, in 1832, and from Harvard in 1851. He was distinguished for eloquence in the pulpit, and also for able and effective temperance and patriotic addresses. For many years he was a leader among that part of the clergy kwn as low churchmen, he was active in organizing the Evangelical kwledge society, the American church missionary society, and the Evangelical education society, and was editor for several years of The Episcopal Recorder and The Protestant Churchman. Dr. Tyng held a ready pen, and published numerous volumes of interest and value. Chief among these was his Lectures on the Law and the Gospel (Philadelphia, 1832) . Solid Ground has also published his outstanding book The Christian Pastor and is preparing a book of sermons entitled Prepare to Meet Thy God. In addition we have published the book Man of Business which contains an outstanding chapter contributed by Dr. Tyng entitled, Men of Business: Their Perplexities and Temptations.